Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 28 September 1, 2010

David's photo of me on Day One

Well I was sure yesterday was the hottest day of the year.  Wrong.  It was today.  Or it might be tomorrow.  A 2 swim day.  By 10 am I was in the Avon River with the doggies, with a blinding need to cool off.  Then again at 6:30pm we were back in the water at a lake.  Doggie pandemonium prevailed for a bit, as many others had the same idea on such a hot night.  Ran into some friends, Sue and Steve, and their dog.  Sue now wants to come to the next wart meeting (women and art meeting) scheduled for next month at Heather's house.

In the studio, I worked on a duo of framed tiles, remounting one tile that had lifted off when I applied the wire to the back of the frame.  Thanks to Google I learned that you can remove old tile adhesive with a chisel and hammer.  Good thing my earthenware tile was so thick, though it was worrisome to be chiseling the back of the tile for a very long time.  All ended well so far.  Tomorrow I can hang the second frame.

Restorative yoga was the only way to practice today.  Very little movement at all, just breathing and slight readjustments to my shoulders in viparita karani on two bolsters, which necessitates doing a somersault to get into the pose against the wall.  Where would I be without yoga?  On medication for all my ailments I'm sure.  Instead, I learn to fix myself with my teacher's help.


Namaste my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment