Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 46 September 19, 2010


Okay, I'm beginning to embrace the change in seasons.  When summer is your favourite season it's a little hard to switch gears and accept that fall is here.  I remember living on the west coast and missing the visual contrasts that this east coast living brings.  The stark colours of winter, the riot of green in summer, the blaze of red in the fall and the muddy earth tones of spring.  Yes, visually I missed these changes.  I'd never miss the cold of winter, but it is certainly a beautiful time of year.

Stomping through deep snow one winter to capture a few shots at the river is one recent good memory I have of winter.  When asked what was my favourite winter sport I used to answer, getting in the car and driving myself to the swimming pool.  What is your favourite season?

Today I so enjoyed seeing some friends at the Terry Fox event.  I visited my old work place and got hugs from lots of folks and gave hugs in return.  They are off to a good start for another academic year.  Hurray for learning!  As a teacher, I used to learn the most from my students.  Sometimes students don't realize that you learn from them.  No matter which side of the desk you're on, it's really a two way, not a one way street.

Happy Autumn everyone.   Here are some fall shots for you to enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment