Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day38 September 11, 2010

When I see that date, September 11, I pause and remember that sad date in the USA.  History gives us many such sad days to ponder.  In a more perfect world we would no longer need war.  Humans have a long way to go before they can embrace that concept.  

September 11 is also the birth date of Laurie, one of the best art teachers I am honored to have ever known.  I learned so much from her.  She created fearless students who went beyond themselves and literally changed before my eyes in the course of an academic year.  My newest found and most inspiring art teacher is Charlotte.  She too is a beacon of strength.  She calmly explains huge concepts to her students.  The patience of both of these women is worth noting.  The patience of a great teacher can lead people to unimaginable places.  Believe me.  I've seen it happen.

My mind is a little blurry from reading the Saturday edition of the Globe and Mail.  What an amazing array of information it provides.  Its comprehensive look at global events is a great contrast to my quiet life in the country side.  Don't get me wrong; it's a great read.  While reading the paper today I found a typo in one of their sub-titles; that was surprising.

When I read my friend Denise's blog today I learned that perhaps I need to eat more high quality fats to help my blurry brain become sharper.  Yesterday I forgot to include the address to Denise's blog!  Here it is now.  


I hope that you enjoy her blog as much as I do.

Today my body is more clear than my brain.  That's from doing 4 hours of yoga with Father Joe yesterday, plus my 1 hour personal practice and 3 hours of yoga with David today.  Sore muscles in places yes, but clear in feeling.  Father Joe spoke of love and being grounded in our bodies.  That's why I feel clear.  I'm grounded.

Brehannah on the zip line


In contrast to my feeling grounded is the realization that I needed to be fearless in yoga these last two days.  It is easy for the brain to scare us, and say "oh don't try that, it will hurt, or you can't do that because of your injury...blah, blah, blah..."  If you listen to your yoga teacher, you will learn to trust in your own body's wisdom.  Then you will learn to become as joyful in a new place as Brehannah looked on the day I photographed her on the zip line.  Brehannah's joy that day took place outdoors.  In yoga asana practice the journey is within your own body.

No comments:

Post a Comment