Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 29 September 2, 2010

The heat wave continues.  David wisely led us in a relatively quiet yoga class today.  I arrived sweaty and stiff.  I left relaxed and better able to deal with the heat. 

My lips are salty.  I went out of my way to get to the ocean today and I swam my heart out. 

The beach was packed with others who enjoyed the water and the blasting sun.  We all knew full well "this won't last".  But somehow isn't that one of the things that makes our life experiences so poignant?  We know they won't last, that nothing lasts forever. 


One of my favourite paradoxes goes like this, there is only one thing in life that you can always count on, and that is change. Nope, you cannot count on: the weather, or your parents to always be a fountain of knowledge, or your children to always come home on time, or your partner / spouse to always be your everything,  or your work to always be satisfying, or your pets to always be well trained, or your body to always stay the same over your lifetime, or even for winter tomatoes to always taste like the ones you pick in your own backyard in August. 


School photo of me at age 9

Yes, if you learn to accept the fluidity of this life experience, you're set. Now go get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment