Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 48 September 21, 2010

Whirlwind.  Sometimes life feels this way.  I used to feel like I was part of the whirlwind.  Now I can step back a bit and see that I am experiencing a whirlwind sensation but it is really not 'part' of me.  Another way of describing how I used to feel was that I'd been on a carousel ride too long.

Over stimulation is what is really happening to me on those days.  I can now balance my life with quiet days and stimulating days.  Two days ago it was the very quiet day.  Yesterday was the stimulating day.  

Great times with great friends.  After driving my daughter to work, I squeezed in some backbends on the chair in the yoga studio, then met my friends.  For an hour or two we examined the new fashions for women in high end clothing shops in Halifax.  As an artist I was pretty critical, but did admit I really liked both the choice of colours and the plain solid colours I saw everywhere.  Very few icky patterns or over stated ruffles from other years.  A few jackets were memorable for their design features.  I admired the craftsmanship of the seamstresses of China.  Everywhere I went there were references to China as the country of origin, even in the most expensive shop where a light weight jacket could set you  back $450.  We weren't on Fifth Ave. or in Toronto after all, so no haute couture.  

Back to whirlwinds, the picture of me today is a bit of a blur, taken by my brother in law Michael.  I was touring the Sol LeWitt exhibit at MassMoca with him and my sister Kathy this summer.  You've got to experience MassMoca if you haven't already.  An entire complex of buildings is devoted to contemporary American art in a rural setting 1.5 hours from Boston.

It can be a bit of whirlwind, but hey, you know how it goes.  Enjoy your day.





No comments:

Post a Comment