Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 53 September 26, 2010


Today I re-learned that humans are a needy species.  It seems strange that we as a species have done so well on this planet.  We have a narrow range of comfortable temperatures for our living environments, we have a narrow range of likes and dislikes it seems, and we seem to make mistakes over and over again.  Why is this?  

Perhaps we are like those insects who die in one day.  We never get to pass on the wisdom from our elders to the younger generation.  We die too soon.  Or maybe even if we lived twice as long the younger generation just wouldn't be interested in the elders' words of wisdom or the elders would just be shocked that all of a sudden they were considered elders and had to pass on 'wisdom'.  

I'm kind of shocked that I'm now an elder.  What the heck happened?  Wasn't I just a twenty year old the other day?  Yes, being really young,  a young child or a teenager does seem like eons ago, but my twenties?  I can still relate to feeling like a twenty year old.  Full of life, fearless, stupid sometimes, reckless sometimes, depressed sometimes, invincible sometimes.  

But my mirror consistently attests to the passage of many years.  I guess there is so much to be grateful for, ……. that's what I need to focus on, being grateful.  Phew!  That was a close one.  I was getting a tad down hearted.

Sorry folks.  Sometimes my moments are not always cheery.  Just had to share how I really felt.  Maybe you thought I was always cheery and upbeat?  Nah!  Mostly, but not every minute.  I am an eternal optimist.  That's how I get through my life, but as you can see, I have some moments of doubt.

Enjoy this view of a very beautiful room for a moment, that will cheer us all up.  Art can really cheer me up, as you probably have gathered by now.  I love it when you find a room where the folks in charge have spent considerable effort to make the room as pleasant as possible, both to serve the room's purpose and to just rejoice in the world of colour, pattern, design, light, shape, texture, etc.  All those elements that speak to us of artfulness.  Yes, art brings out the best in us as a species I think.  So there.  We're back to art.

No comments:

Post a Comment