Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day39 September 12, 2010

Fall is really here.  Guess I was in a bit of denial for a while.  This summer was so hot, so sunny, so wet, that I really felt like I lived in California again.  Today when I hung out laundry I stared at the thick green lawn and the deep green of the garden and I felt so very grateful for that rich green colour.  Summer is my favourite season, so seeing green means summer is still here in my mind.  Autumn is beautiful too, but it doesn't have the full wrap around green of the height of summer.

Autumn does have its own rewards.  Harvest.  Today David made a large stock pot full of vegetarian tomato sauce.  It included our own organically grown onions, garlic, zucchini, basil and tomatoes.  Tomatoes were everywhere in our kitchen the last few days.  Bowls and baskets of them.  Grape tomatoes, Roma Italian cooking tomatoes, Scotia tomatoes, Beefsteak tomatoes.  We had spaghetti tonight and the vast amount of left over sauce we'll freeze cause there is more sauce to make tomorrow.  More tomatoes to harvest outdoors.

Then I joined in the cooking this afternoon and made cookies and a pie.  It was so reminiscent of when the girls were little.  I used to cook and cook, make my own bread, cookies, can and freeze tons of stuff and just thrive in that role.  Autumn just does that to a cook, makes them celebrate the joy of seeing all that fresh produce.

Did I remember to mention I was a vegetarian for a decade?  Vegetarian food is still my favourite.  Well, fruit is my very favourite food and next vegetarian menus.



No comments:

Post a Comment