Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Friday, September 24, 2010

Day 51 September 24, 2010

Taking my time today.  Not in a hurry.

But I did have to remind myself. The fact I needed reminding tells you something.  I was in some kind of hurry.  A neighbour of mine once mentioned that she'd seen me zooming around outside my place.  Yes, I did zoom around for quite a while.  Sometimes I still do.  Now that I've noticed this I can continue on or perhaps re-evaluate and change that behaviour.

In my yoga practice today, another back practice that lasted 2 hours apparently, at least according to the clock I noticed after I was done, I seemed to be in such a hurry.  Several times during the practice I told myself, what's the hurry here, let's do this right today.  That helped.

Being playful in the art studio helped too.  Seeing my self-doubt, the tension I carried when faced with a decision, taught me to say internally, caught ya!  Once I'd noticed the tension I could face it and talk myself out of it.  Can you talk yourself out of tension?  Coach yourself?

Steady now.
It's only  _________ (you fill in the blank), I'll get through it.
I've done this before, I can do it again.
Travelling to unknown places, I love that.  What's to worry?
etc.

Yes, perhaps you have your own favourite saying that coaches you through challenging times.  Here here, for all the help we give ourselves.  Those big brains of ours sometimes really do help :)

Guess what?  My David, to distinguish him from other David's,  just started a blog today.  Here is his link.  Today his entry is titled Corn on the Cob.  Enjoy.

http://exploringbodymovement.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment