Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 145 December 27, 2010


I’m a bit embarrassed to report that today is our first snowfall here at home.  The reason I’m embarrassed is that when I read the national news it is reported that Maritimers are exhausted by four winter storms in as many weeks.  Here in my corner of the world we did experience a serious wind storm two weeks ago but the other three storms were mild in comparison.  We only had four roof shingles to replace and some flooding in the basement.  We were fortunate to find able roofers to help us out quickly.

Some Maritimers lost power, experienced serious flooding and have registered for disaster relief.  These Maritimers are exhausted by winter already.  Travellers are too, especially air travelers, in the Northeast.  Here in Falmouth, N.S. it was a calm beautiful day.  Just before sunset I snapped a photo that tried to highlight the gorgeous fog and high ceiling with blue skies.  A bit of snow shoveling was needed at home, but other than that we had a lovely first snow.

Day 145  First snow


I hope that whatever your weather conditions are today that you will manage dealing with the weather with calmness.  I do, however, remember once screaming into a winter storm many year’s ago.  I wanted to give back some of the harshness that I felt the storm was dishing out in my direction.  I was totally fed up with the raging wind, the deep snow, the extra work from shovelling, and with the winter in general.  It was probably March.  I’m usually ready for spring by then.   Let’s hope we all get through the winter this time with a bit more grace than I managed that winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment