Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 128 December 10, 2010


'The Look Off' outside of Canning, N.S.



Just thought I’d let you know about a real source of inspiration in the world of recovering from cancer, in case you’re interested.  Her name is Kris Carr.  Yes, the same woman who wrote, My Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips.  She is a writer and artist and her book is fabulous, and I speak from personal experience.  No, I don’t have cancer, but a close family member did.  Kris Carr’s book helped a lot.  Her website is also full of tons of information and she is now promoting a new book on diets, not diets in the sense of losing weight, no, diets in the sense of “what the heck do I eat, now that I feel like a truck just drove over me and I want to re-inflate my sense of well being and health?”

Here are two other great books on recovering from cancer.  Lawrence LeShan’s Cancer as a Turning Point: a Handbook for People with Cancer, their families and Health professionals, revised edition and Richard Beliveau and Denis Gingras’ book Foods that Fight Cancer and their follow up book Cooking with Foods that Fight Cancer.  All of these books are really helpful.  I know what I’m talking about, so if you know of anyone who is dealing with this issue of the big C, please pass this information on to them.

Thanks, and embrace yourself today.  Take a walk, go for a swim, stand on your head, or lie on the sofa and read a book, make some art, and remember to LAUGH :)

No comments:

Post a Comment