Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 135 December 17, 2010



In contrast to yesterday, I spent a good hour outside early this morning, looking for missing roof shingles from our metal roof, thanks to that hurricane force wind storm we experienced Monday and as well, I walked the dogs.  The air was quite cold.  Hard frost on the winter rye grass growing out on the dyke lands and hard ground underfoot.  This was fortunate for I felt like I was a low flying airplane compared to how I felt on my last walk with the dogs.  I’d slogged my way through mucky, swampy fields that sucked at each of my foot steps which made a one hour walk feel like three hours.  In comparison, today’s walk was a real breeze.

The neighbour’s horses came over to investigate as we passed by their pasture.  Very few birds were visible, just one beautiful group of small white birds that flew in squadron formation as I neared their encampment on the dykes and a solitary hawk out on patrol.

Two things already happened today that cheered me up.  Firstly, I found a lens cap that I’d dropped on my last walk after a careful return to the area where I was sure I first noticed that it was missing.  A small thing you might say, but hey, life is really just lots of small things all squeezed together.  Secondly, the phone rang and it was a man calling to ask if we still needed help with our roof repair.  David and I had called four roofing companies yesterday, all of which sounded unable to help us.  But one of them referred our call to this roofer who thinks he can help us.  Hallelujiah *!* 

Yes, it is difficult to get things fixed sometimes, especially when you live in a rural area like we do.  Actually, it’s probably difficult to get things fixed wherever you live.  Right?  My eldest lives in Ottawa and I recall that she and her spouse have difficulties there too.  So, on that note, here’s a big thank you I’m sending out to all those wonderful workmen who keep our dwellings together.  There are times when I almost feel like getting on my knees in gratitude when a workman comes up our driveway.  Truly.

On a seasonal note, may you have a lovely time preparing for the upcoming holidays.  Stay calm, be happy, and be grateful for the small stuff, cause as one author reminded us in a series of books, “it’s all small stuff.”

No comments:

Post a Comment