Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 127 December 9, 2010




Clear evening at sunset.  Inspiring quality to the light.  I worked with some inspiring art made by students at King's-Edgehill school this afternoon, deciding which work to hang at the school doctor's office in his waiting room in town.  Such a large range of work that covered many years of teaching with several different art teachers, it was quite a beautiful pile of work that I sorted.  Some of it was going to go to town and some would go to enliven the buildings on campus.

Then I visited the library, my old stomping grounds, and there I found a colleague holding a meeting with a  keen group of students.  The yearbook committee was planning who would create different pages.  It looked like a good group.  Several students wandered into the library with that 'deer in the headlight' look in their eyes; it is science fair time of year.  A grade eight boy had to write 1,500 words on his research topic of "obsidian".  It was due tomorrow.  Oh yes, even in grade eight the idea of a deadline is firmly entrenched.

What I am realizing is one real benefit of this commitment of mine, the 365 days of yoga and art, is that I am entrenching my own desire to center my life around yoga and art.  Today's morning yoga practice felt so necessary.  Sorting art work this afternoon, yes, that felt the same.  Necessary.  I am like a fish out of water, gasping.  I was away from yoga and art too often in the past.  Too busy with other things.  But now, I'm finally getting to what I need to keep me a happy clam in my clam bank, or a happy fish in the pond.  It feels really right.

Find out what makes you a happy clam in your own clam bank.  What feels right to you?  As right as a fish feeling the pond water moving smoothly across its slippery scales.

No comments:

Post a Comment