Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 138 December 20, 2010




As I sit to write, the darkness outside is absolute except for a few lights across the road at my neighbour’s house and for the multi-coloured lights on the blue spruce tree at the edge of our property.  Here inside our tall Christmas tree is lit with soft white lights. Two vintage gold foil reindeer that I remember from my childhood, adorn our mantle with a herd of Christmas cards for company.  I can feel Christmas approach.  In the grocery store today a few people greeted each other and wished each other Happy Holidays.

I’ve talked with close family and friends recently who I either see rarely due to huge geographic distances between us, or else to arrange an upcoming visit over the holidays.  My siblings and I will be calling each other on the 25th.  My eldest and her spouse will be having a virtual Christmas with us on the 25th thanks to skype. 

It’s a good time to reach out to others and thank them for something that they’ve done for you, even if that something happened a year ago or longer.  Expressing gratitude is like a prayer.  There never seems to be a bad time to pray, or a bad time to thank someone for a kindness they’ve shown you.  

Yogacharya B.K.S. Iyengar refers to his asanas as his prayers. He says in the foreword of his book Yoga Wisdom and Practice, “Thus, yoga uses the body, the container, to touch the content, the soul.”   As I breathed quietly in an asana today I realized just how deeply I was breathing.  I was honoring my life by taking the time to breathe quietly and deeply.  Honouring the need to care for myself so that I can continue on this journey. 

May you all see your life experiences today with equanimity, patience and joy.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment