Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 136 December 18, 2010




Some people’s work is just inspiring, don’t you think?  Take street performers for example, they are pretty tough and inspiring, don’t you think?  These street performers are part of the celebrations for Canada Day, July 1st, in Ottawa. 

How about celebrating the upcoming winter solstice on December 21st?  There will be a full moon.  I know lots of North America is now frozen solid and covered with snow, but here in my part of Nova Scotia we’ve had a really warm week, a warm, very wild wind on Monday night, and calm since then and still warm.  Yes it is frosty in the morning and evening, but the ground is clear and the air is as well throughout the day.

I am almost ready to celebrate the end of an inspiring day.  David’s two yoga classes that I attended today were comprised of deep work that brought me to a serious level of tiredness.  The work was satisfying though for it calmed me and made me grateful.  I will celebrate my tiredness by taking a sauna, my first of this winter’s season. 

When you are tired do you rest?  I mean really rest, not just lie on the sofa and watch television or read, I mean eyes closed with deep breathing where you shed your tiredness like dirty work clothes at the end of a long satisfying day of hard manual labour.  That is what I am about to do. 

Reward yourself today for all the hard work you do just to keep your body and soul together.  Be kind to yourself, not just to others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment