Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 94 November 6, 2010

This is just such a great portrait of my friend Garry that I want to share it and I'm so grateful that Cathy sent it along to her friends.  Can you see how joyful Garry looks? Isn't it wonderful when we make ourselves happy by doing the work we love?  

I felt joyful today when fresh from the grocery store and yoga in the city I decided to take the doggies for a jaunt in the very wet field across from our house.  They loved it and so did I.  The clover was so vibrantly green and the water that overflowed the ditches so lusciously muddy.  The sodden gray sky only accentuated the bright colour of the clover, the bark of the birch trees, the intense red of my rain jacket and the black of the dogs.

The overflowing ditches are due to the terrific amount of rain we've had in the last two days. And pounding wind along with it that sounded like a drum beat as it hit my bedroom window.  Last night the only way I could get to sleep was by designing artwork in my mind.  That always quiets me down.  To let my creative mind soar.  Just exercising that part of my brain, that part of my self, speaks to me at such a deep level I just naturally relax and then drift off to sleep.  What helps you get to sleep on those nights when you cannot fall asleep easily?  Or are you one of the lucky ones who is asleep 17 seconds after your head hits the pillow?

No comments:

Post a Comment