Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 116 November 28, 2010

My dear friend Denise, yes the same Denise who encouraged me to begin this blog, and the very same Denise who writes her own blog at the following link http://web.me.com/drsunshine99/365daysofyogaanddailyroutine/Blog/Blog.html  just left here after sharing dinner with David and I.  We had a great visit with her over the last ten days that she’s been home.  She was here at David’s yoga class last Monday at the Inner Sun Yoga Studio in Wolfville, and she joined in the laughter when one of the students cracked a very funny joke at the expense of one of the other students (all in good fun).  It seems to be a rather joyful group of people who come to that class.  I was so glad that Denise was there to share it with us.

Today I also visited my friend Charbel and his parents.  Charb and I had a great visit; we just talked and talked for hours.  We got down to the bottom of our feelings and then back up to the present moment, which was highlighted by the glorious sunny, cold weather.  I miss the sun on those gray days we’ve experienced recently, but it makes me appreciate it even more when it does shine.   As one of my colleagues at work used to say, “how can I miss you if you never go away?”  Perhaps it is absence, or a real challenge even, that makes us appreciate what we really have.

Today David and I talked about how green that grass always looks on the other side of the fence.  Just brilliantly green and inviting.  I remarked that we often cannot see just how wonderful things really are just where we are.  David thought that this was because we were too close to it, to really see it.  Ah yes, distance somehow romanticizes our view of things.  Step back for a moment and really see what is in front of you.  You may be pleasantly surprised by something you’ve previously taken for granted. 

Include the phrase, "I’m grateful for _______________", in your conversation today.  You fill in the blank.


No comments:

Post a Comment