Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 115 November 27, 2010

Okay, perhaps this will surprise you, but David and I enjoy watching one reality show on television, Project Runway.  It’s all about fashion designers and they compete in a crazy, high-pressure environment in NYC at Parson’s fashion institute.  One reason this surprises even me is that in real life David and I could never be accused of being fashionable in a truly modern sense.  I pay more attention to it than David does certainly, but I’m still not a style girl at all.  I’m a ‘if I’m not comfortable I’m not wearing it' girl.

This is where I quote Mondo, one of the best designers from Project Runway's season 8.  One designer praised him for his ability to design with ‘reckless abandon’.  It’s true, he does that in a big way.  Another  praised Mondo for opening up and admitting to the world that he was HIV positive.  Mondo replied that “ this is my life and I have things to do.”  Yes, Mondo, despite the fact that you have a serious health condition, you forge forward and celebrate your life.

That’s what life is really ALL ABOUT!!!!  Celebrate.  Do the dance of joy.  Get busy.  Do something with your time.  I know you can do it.  Okay, I’ll stop being the cheerleader for a moment.  But you know what I mean, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment