Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 102 November 14, 2010


I’m starting to daydream about making pottery again.  It’s been a while since I’ve felt wet clay in my hands.  The longest so far that I’ve ever been able to hold out from working with clay was about 8 years, that’s since my adulthood.  Once I was first introduced to clay there was no looking back.  Well after those 8 years without clay I didn’t even care if I ever fired what I made.  I just knew I needed to work with clay, as soon as possible.  And I did.  Now I’m painting acrylic paint on once fired clay, bisque ware, but I’m dreaming of making cups, lots of cups.

Do you dream about what you’d love to do?  Can you feel it happen?  I can see the cups I want to make.  In my mind I can already drink out of them.  I see them all lined up on boards.  Just like I used to make my mud cookies and dry them on boards in the sun as a child.  I see my pottery cups set on boards to dry in the sun.

I hope you can dream about something that you’d love to do.  I hope you help to make your dream come true.  Just try, and see what happens.  Maybe you want to write, or sing, or bake? 

profile of earthenware moon flask


No comments:

Post a Comment