Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 103 November 15, 2010


Phototropism.
Definition: Growth or movement in response to a source of light.

I think phototropism affects not just plants, but people too.  There is SAD disorder, or seasonal affective disorder, which affects those who receive too little light.  Interesting that the acronym for this disorder comprises a word that describes one of the disorder’s effects, depression or sadness.

It’s true I don’t lean against the windows in my country house on a sunny day, the way some plants respond to light by growing and leaning towards the direction of the sun’s rays.  But today, on a sunny day without wind, I am compelled to go outdoors to work in the garden.  It’s magnetism.  The sun pulls me outdoors so that I can immerse myself in its rays.

What compels you to action?


No comments:

Post a Comment