Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 100 November 12, 2010

Today marks the 100th day of this journey, this blog.  Time for a bit of a celebration I'd say.  For those of you who are just beginning to read this blog I wanted to tell you how this all got started.  It first started at the suggestion of my friend Dr. Denise Tarasuk.  I first saw Denise across a very crowded room during a large parent teacher meeting at the private school where I used to work.  She was stopping to talk to several teachers as her son was a student in the senior school.   She looked very happy as she passed out chocolate Easter bunnies to her son's teachers.  She wore one of my favourite colours, raspberry, and her energy just seemed to radiate upwards from her body into the air around her.  I thought to myself that I really wanted to meet this woman, and so I did.  I just introduced myself to her.

And so year's later here I am, writing this blog.  Dr. Denise's homeopathy has helped me a lot over the years.  The beauty of homeopathy is that the doctor treats the whole person, and does not just relieve the symptomatic pains that illnesses present.  Too often western medicine just seems to relieve symptoms and never gets to the underlying causes of the dis ease a person feels towards themselves.  However, western medicine has its triumphs, surgery being one of them.

My friend Charlotte, an extraordinary art teacher and colleague from work, commented that it was great that I was planning on doing yoga every day for one calendar year, but she then gently asked, "But what about art?  Aren't you forgetting about art?"  Of course.  She was right.

Now you see the origins of this blog.  A gentle suggestion or two from good friends can greatly alter the course of your life.  But that is why we have great friends!!!!!!!!!!  They help us to stay true to ourselves.  We have to be willing to allow people to help us, to hold us in the palm of their hands.

Annie Willow



No comments:

Post a Comment