Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 105 November 17, 2010


So you can see from this photo of me taken by my brother in Ireland in 2002 on Liscanorre beach, that I may not be the kind of person you’d enjoy as a traveling companion.  Some people break into song spontaneously, well I break into a headstand.  There can be just so many days without a yoga asana practice for me and I cannot stand it any longer, I am compelled to practice.  It really helps to keep me sane and happy.

So here I was, relaxing on a gorgeously smooth, very large stone on this rocky beach.  Perhaps half an hour had passed. My traveling companions didn’t seem to be in any hurry and there was barely another person in sight, so I thought, hey, this is such a smooth rock and it feels so welcoming, I’m going to do some yoga, right here and right now.  And so I did. 

There didn't seem to be a great yoga practice space at our bed and breakfasts or even enough time, so this beach was very appealing to me, spacious, quiet, and still....  just like the effect you receive from a great yoga practice.

What do you do spontaneously?  


No comments:

Post a Comment