Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 93 November 2010

Internet service is erratic here in my neighborhood this afternoon.  A fierce windstorm with rain has us in its grip.  The good news is, it is very warm again, 16 degrees celsius.  Two of my lawn chairs flew across the yard earlier today.  

Despite the weather, the doggies and I enjoyed harvesting some more carrots in between rain showers.  I kept the big carrots, they got to eat the second quality ones and the tiny ones.  We were all happy.  

I am also happy to report that I got to a new place in my yoga practice today.  I'm working on releasing my left shoulder blade so that it will move down my back with freedom.  Its usual position involves chronic tension due to an old dislocation.  Changing that tense way my body thinks is 'normal' for that shoulder blade involves a lot of patience.

At one point I was talking to that shoulder blade internally like this, "release, release, release, see how the other shoulder blade is?  why don't you try that position, eh?  come on, just try it.  release, release, release…"  Of course I'm doing my best to actually move the shoulder blade as I said this internally.  Lo and behold, the shoulder blade moved quite a bit, but just for a few seconds, which surprised me so much I gasped and lost my breath.  I was in headstand at the time and quickly came down.  Headstand is a great place to work on shoulders.  

Yes, newness, breaking free from our time worn patterns, can take your breath away.  It's shocking, but in a good way.  Try something new today.  See where it takes you.  Be fearless with yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment