Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 113 November 25, 2010

detail of Tai's portrait on sculpture clay 2010

Today I awaken to the sound of the doggies rustling around downstairs.  I get up and bring Mr. Bear and Miss Maddie outdoors while David continues to sleep. Now that is a rare occurrence, I am up before David.  Hearing the doggies this morning is just one example of how we all listen to the sounds that make up our lives.

We pay attention.  I try my best to listen: to the doggies, to the geese as they fly overhead, to the coyotes when they howl at night, to my children, to David, to the lessons learned on the yoga mat, to my art making, to my family and to my friends. 

It is my friends and my family who are the boldest sometimes.  They give me information I may not glean from any other source.  Don’t you love how honest your friends and family can be?  They will bravely tell you what no one else will dare to mention, and they’ll even tease you about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment