Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 87 October 30, 2010

Three and a half hours of yoga this morning, with David at the helm.  Oh my.  Intense effort.  Understanding comes from hard work.  Calmness arrives in the body when I start to think from my back brain, the oldest part of the brain which lets us know where we are in the here and now.  Right this minute, not in our future imaginings.

So often we live in the fore brain, the part of the brain where we move forward intellectually, with our will power, with our intent.  The back brain lets us sit back and take notice of where we really are.

The gray sky today only heightens the colors of fall as I glance at my very own garden, standing on my two feet but bent in half as I harvest broccoli.  Even when I glance at the forest from the highway the colours are amazing.  Such a reckless riot of colour. 

Next will come the black and white show of winter.  Are you ready?  I saw my first snow flake this evening.  I'm in no hurry for this next season.  I can wait till it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment