Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 65 October 8, 2010

Today was blustery.  Cool.  I baked rice bread and cookies.  Dinner tonight was pretty simple, perhaps because Thanksgiving is upon us soon, where it is almost expected to indulge in the bountiful harvest in a very big way.  So tonight we had basmati brown rice, our own organically grown steamed broccoli and left over steamed salmon with fresh spinach and lemon slices underneath and on top of the long slab of salmon.

In contrast to this mildly flavoured menu we enjoyed a small glass of organically grown red grape wine from Spain.  Delicious and sharp.

My yoga was quiet too, even headstand.  In boat pose I used two yoga straps linked together to support my feet and chest.  I gazed at my toes and felt my stomach muscles drop towards my spine.  Then a series of twists and shoulder stand helped to complete my practice.

In art I painted on square ceramic plates that hang on the wall.  Painted blue dots on one, on top of the thin pink lines already there.  On another, I painted over a section that just didn't work, the new idea worked much better.  On the third one I just made two small green lines, to visually separate some strong elements that needed to be divided.  

As I painted the thought crossed my mind, why do I even question that I will come here to the studio and work.  Of course I will. 
I hope you resolve some of your self doubts today too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment