Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 62 October 5, 2010

Glorious day today.  The garlic bed is prepared.  More freshly made pesto sits in the freezer.  Huge crop of basil this year.

Huge lift in vrksasana today (stork pose).  I placed my knee against the wall to give me stability.  One of my joints felt like a rusty hinge on my first try in this pose.  It didn't want to open, but after that first time, it improved immensely.  The next few times I opened it, it moved smoothly.  Yes, my body needs daily movement or it seems it will seize up from disuse.

I zoom through my art studio today, glance around, barely see anything specific, just the space itself.  Tomorrow I want to play there.  Today's art play includes admiring the gorgeous brown peaked rows that line up in the lowest part of our garden.  Several rows swoon slightly off the straight and narrow. They wander.  Then there are the basil leaves, in many sizes and shapes which are a gorgeous lime and lemon in colour when you look through them in the strong light of mid day.  

There was a time when I used to lie down in the grass of summer so that I could look through the grass with sunshine streaming through it, just to see that bright electric green colour.  As I worked on the basil, sitting right in the garden clipping its leaves and smelling its fragrance I thanked myself for making time to enjoy this glorious day.  I trust that you too had time to enjoy part of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment