Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 70 October 13, 2010


Well it's nearly 10pm and I just finished making the last batch of pesto.  Our first frost is due tonight and I am so happy I remembered to not only cover up the carrots with some hay, but I also finally remembered the zucchini plants right before sunset!  I looked out the window after my yoga practise and admired the soft green clover flourishing around our 10 high bush blueberry bushes and then spotted the two zucchini plants I'd forgotten to harvest. Yum, zucchini for breakfast tomorrow, pan fried with extra virgin olive oil and sunflower seeds, seasoned with tamari soy sauce (my favourite zucchini dish).

But enough about zucchini.  What I really want to talk about is one of the amazing aspects of this blog, and I'm talking about you, the audience.  Do you realize that there are so many 'pageviews' for this blog I'm just dizzy thinking about it?(and yes, happy too!)  People from Canada, the United States, India, Egypt, Russia, Iran, Australia, the United Kingdom, Italy and South Africa are reading this blog!  Thanks folks!  Keep reading!  Comments are appreciated too of course, but not required, and I am humbled that there are so many readers.  You give me encouragement.

I try to support myself and you too.  Otherwise I needn't ever blog.  I could just journal instead.  Believe me I've tried that route.  But there is something about knowing that your work is 'out there' and someone  notices it that makes you want to go full steam ahead.  

I wonder if anyone besides my siblings, my other relatives and Denise in the United States reads this in the USA, or anyone beyond my friends in yoga or related to my years at KES reads this in Canada, or anyone beyond Jawahar or my daughter's dear friend Guneet in Mumbai reads this in India?  I don't think I know anyone in Egypt so that's neat, maybe my old student Ksenia is reading this in Russia, or maybe Mayhar's family is reading this in Iran, or maybe Neil the surfguard I competed with at an NSLS lifeguard competition quite a while ago is reading this at home in Australia,  or maybe Nuala in Clonmell is reading this in the UK, and maybe it's Melody's old housemate from the dorm flat who's reading this in Italy, and is it you Kassi and Jason who are reading this in South Africa?

Well, welcome to everyone, whomever you are.  Thanks for the support, and I hope you also find support by knowing that we are all in this together. 

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment