Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 58 October 1, 2010

It takes a friend sometimes to really help you understand yourself.  To support you too.  So often we doubt ourselves, or at least I used to do that quite a bit and I still find that it crops up from time to time and from a very deep level inside me.

I'm getting ready to spend a long while at home.  It will be my main work and living environment.  Yes, I'll do some travelling, but I will spend a lot more time here at home than I ever have before.  And so I'm getting my home ready, setting the stage for a prolonged show, with me as the heroine of my own tale.  

My friend Charlotte helped me see that last night.  This explains all the rearranging of the interior spaces, all the painting,  all the tossing out, recycling, and reinventing of the space, all of which takes time, time away from my art practice and my yoga practice.  Her understanding of my situation helped me.  Of course she was the perfect person to understand this concept.

We were colleagues at work for several years.  When Charlotte first arrived I had already spent two days prior to her arrival tidying up her classroom space as I worked there part time.  The teacher who preceded Charlotte was a person who kept everything.  Charlotte being a person who keeps track of her time, once told me that she'd spent 72 hours pitching things out and organizing that classroom before September hit.  She needed to ready her space just like I am readying mine.

Are you comfortable in your own living and working space?  Look around you and see how it makes you feel.  Perhaps you need to do some cleaning or rearranging?  We are in a new season now, what better time to reinvent your surroundings!

No comments:

Post a Comment