Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 83 October 26, 2010


You can feel yourself getting ready emotionally when you near the end of  a trip and prepare to return home.  People who you travelled to see and may not see again for quite a while become a substance that you memorize.  You actively say to yourself, I'll remember them just this way.  
Yes we try to hold on to our memories.  Our lives, our past.  When my mother started to decline due to the quickest onset of Alzheimer's disease that her gerentologist had ever seen, I started writing again.  I wanted to record some of my memories, so that they would be there in case I could no longer remember them myself.  

The way my eldest Tai, as a very young girl, once slipped many strips of colored paper halfway under the edge of a small rug, singing as she carefully tucked them into place.  Curious, I asked her what she was doing.  Giving them a nap, mommy.  
And my youngest, with her out going nature that earned her the well deserved nick name, Jenny go go.  If anyone was going anywhere, she wanted to go along too.  She was so wonderfully curious about everyone and everything.

Acknowledge your memories.  Revel in the good times you recall.  This will fill your heart to overflowing, and then help you embrace those you meet in the present.

Aunt Grace's needlepoint

No comments:

Post a Comment