Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 353 July 23, 2011



Are you busy?  Like many people, I too am busy, busy with countless projects, ideas and just busy taking care of my life, my yoga practice, my family, etc.  Usually we don't realize our own busy behaviour.

Today I realized just how busy I usually am.  The phone rang for my husband David and he learned that his longest known friend died suddenly today.  His friend Tom had retired rather early, travelled the world with his beautiful wife, and they were both in his home town for a friend's 60th birthday party.  On a beautiful sunny day such as today Tom drove to the ocean alone when he suddenly died.

That news stopped me in my tracks, and naturally, David as well.  Tom was younger than my David by several years.  Now that we've had a bit of time to absorb this loss David said, "Tom lived a full life."  For Tom to die today made me see just how busy a person I can be.  Tom helped me realize that we should make our days precious and not just busy.

I hope that you may each find the preciousness of your day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment