Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 341 July 11, 2011

red onion
Do you ever feel like you are going around in circles?  Well, circles are a pattern found in nature, as evidenced by this slice of red onion, and since we are part of nature it is natural for us to go around in circles.  There are times though, when I get a bit too much circling in my life.  I feel like I've been on a carousel ride too long.  Do you ever get that way?

At a time like that it is a good idea to limit your sensory input.  I close my eyes since vision is a huge part of our sensory life.  That helps to ramp down my feeling of being overwhelmed.  Other times I look into the distance, gaze across the valley, or into the fields.  Sometimes I also rest in a supported yoga posture, even for a few minutes helps quite a bit.

Try it yourself and see.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment