Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 343 July 13, 2011

forest path  Tofino, BC  
Today I tried to simplify everything.  I was tired and so I listened to my body and its request for rest.

The leaves were gorgeous as I gazed at them from a reclining position in the backyard.  In our yoga room I rested on a prop that opens your chest; after enough rest my body finally responded and I approached my more normal, perky energy level.

Sometimes when we do inversions in Iyengar yoga, which are very restorative, up seems like down, and down seems like up.  It's like this photo I've posted.  At first glance you might think the wood is the trunk of a tree, but then you notice the puddle of water and realize you are looking at the roots of a tree on the ground.

What was up and what was down in your day today?

No comments:

Post a Comment