Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 176 January 27, 2011


colourful blueberries



Today is filled with sleet and wet snow.  There is no visible horizon line; you cannot distinguish the sky from the ground.  The ground and air are an opaque gray white, like fine rice paper.  As I shoveled the wet snow on my front steps this morning I saw a bluish cast to the deep pile of snow that accumulated on the shovel.  The shrubs and trees have their own unique variations on the colour dark green.  The weeping willow’s branches are burnt umber yellow against the reddish birch twigs nearby. 

There are very few cars on the road that borders the front of this property.  For this I am grateful.  I like the feeling of quiet that brings.  Of course, I love my car and what it enables me to do, to travel easily in this countryside setting.  Just every once in a while though, it’s refreshing to not see the cars, not get in the car, not go anywhere, just be contented with where you already are.

Contented.  That sounds good, doesn’t it?  Let’s aim for that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment