Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 169 January 20, 2011

I was brushing the snow off of my car today before I left for town.  Something caught my eye up above.  I looked up and automatically took a sharp inhalation of cold air, for there high above me and soon flying directly over me was one of my favourite birds, a great blue heron.  Such a stretched out, silent, long legged bird.  So graceful.  It looked to its left as it passed overhead, then returned to look straight ahead, much as I love to look at the scenery while I'm driving on a country road, turning to my left and my right and then returning to the 'eyes on the road'.

You don't see this bird very often and when you do it's almost magical.

I hope you felt some magic in your day today :)

Great Blue Herons 

No comments:

Post a Comment