Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 154 January 5, 2011

Joe's peach tree in August


Another glorious day of sunshine here in my corner of the world.  Hallelujiah!

It was my turn to walk the doggies as David headed off to work today.  We walked and walked.  At around the 45 minute, half way mark I just had to lie down for a little rest.  Fortunately we were way out by the Avon River's banks with no one in sight, just the quiet ice that is thickening across the river, the blazing sun, the crusty snow that gave us feet like wings and the stubble of a harvested hay crop.

My elder dog stood watch by me while the puppy clambered up and down the river bank countless times.  Soon the snow will be too deep for that activity even and a bit dangerous even for a strong dog like Ms. Maddie.  A few minutes passed as I took several glorious deep breaths and finally sat up to inspect my surroundings.  We'd only flushed out one eagle so far on this walk and not another bird would we see.  The calm air was a blessing.  No aching bite from the harsh wind of the last few days.  My only complaint was a sore spot on one foot, a blister trying to form.  No worries.  We walked several miles this morning across the fields and near the river.  Can't complain one iota.  On the return leg, the cars zooming by on the road looked like toys due to the sense of perspective from a distance of perhaps half a mile or more.

Now back at home, this morning's walk seems like a journey to another world.  My favourite walks always include a view of water so this morning's walk was memorable.  We spent half an hour walking along the river.  It is so quiet here at home, I'm listening to my heat come on.  We have hot water heat downstairs and it almost sounds like someone is gargling in this room, or at least taking a shower as the water moves through the pipes.  It's quite funny.

Best wishes for a grand day today.  I hope you get some sunshine too and also find something funny to enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment