Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 159 January 10, 2011




Embrace the View  white sculpture clay tiles




  
Sometimes we need help and we don't even know it.  But when the help shows up we recognize that it was needed. 


Help showed up for me today and I was so grateful that it did.  A friend at yoga, Diane M. who teaches yoga and is an English professor, told me that she read this blog and that it inspired her.  Wow!  Knowing that this was one of my reasons for blogging didn’t mean it would automatically happen, so it was certainly a gift to hear that this blogging journey was meaningful to someone other than just me.  I felt a real lift in my psyche.

We all need feedback, some of us need it more than others.  I am the kind of person who can work away on my own and surface every once in a while to come up for air.  When I do come up for air it is a great relief to discover that I am not alone.  Someone understands me.

What kind of person are you?  Do you thrive on positive feedback?  Can you accept a compliment?  Or do you prefer to work quietly and remain anonymous, never needing to learn if your work is valued?  Perhaps you are a mix of these two variations?  Part of our journey on the planet is to become self-aware.   Yoga and art help me learn self-awareness.  What helps you?










No comments:

Post a Comment