Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 175 January 26, 2011

colourful fig

The snow sparkled like diamonds this afternoon.  It made my walk cheerful.

Last night I helped myself fall asleep by designing art work.  Once I let my creative brain have a free reign in this way, it helps me relax and then I drift off peacefully.  Who would have thought that art would make anyone fall asleep peacefully?   The relaxation response.

My sketchbook proved to be an interesting read today too.  I found fault with some of my sketches.  I am my own worst critic.  In this one area of my life my self criticism is a positive influence.  I can destroy the really poor efforts and celebrate what appears to be successful.  Oh yes, bravery is required.  To show your artwork that is.  Thick skin helps too, so that you can continue to work even after you hear your own, or others' criticisms.

Yeah for bravery and thick skin.  Yeah for art :)

No comments:

Post a Comment