Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 152 January 3, 2011

I just can't do it yet.  I can't post images of winter constantly, even though it is winter [constantly] where I live.  I want colour, bright, bright colour.


One of my old friends yelled at me once during winter because I remarked that a Nova Scotia winter was so colourless, that it was really only tonal variations of black and white.  My friend yelled, "there is colour here!"  Of course, that got my attention.  My friend was a painter and he knew what he was talking about.  Now I see the wild red willows against the white snow.  I see red rose hips and subtle purple and blue tones in the sky.  I do also see a lot of gray......and white..... and black.

But here are some red tomatoes from last fall, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment