Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 158 January 9, 2011


Just as a mosaic is made up of different pieces and yet forms one picture, so too our lives are comprised of many varied experiences that all make up just one life.  Perhaps you are happy with some of your life’s experiences, perhaps you regret others.  No matter.  Try to see these more painful areas with the light of compassion.  Sometimes it is much easier to show compassion towards others than towards your own self.  One thing that art making and yoga share in common is that they offer you a way to learn about yourself; this can lead you to feel compassion both for yourself and others. 

On today’s walk with David and the doggies the world was extremely white.  The sky and  ground were white, and only the black dogs, the dark clothing we wore and the native plants showed any contrast to this monochromatic world of white.  As I walked and shielded my face from the gusts of wind, I could sense my place in the world.  Striding along, walking Mr. Bear, I was in tune.  Just as a harmony depends on a contrast between notes, so too, my world today of blacks and whites felt harmonious.  My life, full of many different experiences felt whole.  I wish you all a sense of harmony, peace and wholeness today. 

Day 158  a white world


My friend Denise, of the 365 days of yoga and daily routine, mentions in her blog today a 21 day challenge offered by Yoga Journal.  Here is the link if you want to join.  It starts tomorrow.  Denise and I both signed up.  Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment