Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 9 August 13, 2010

I found blueberry heaven today.  If you aren't limited to eating exclusively organically grown food there is a blueberry heaven in Nova Scotia in the Annapolis valley.  Can anyone afford to exclusively eat organically grown food?  I even grow some of my own food organically and I cannot afford to eat completely that way.  I was there in blueberry heaven today.  The blueberry fans are dropped off by bus somewhere in the 49 acres under cultivation at the U pick. There are also another 100 acres nearby of high bush berries. 

I know I know, some people prefer the low bush.  I just love fruit period, so I'm willing to try anything that claims to be a fruit.  These high bush berries were so lush they appeared very similar to grapes on the vine, albeit bluer and somewhat smaller, but they were in such dense large clusters it was amazing. 

That same winter I drew and sculpted the garlic, 2008, I did the same for blueberries and tomatoes, using photographs of my own blueberries and tomatoes as inspiration.  Thus the charcoal drawing I'm posting.

With the help of my friends, the Rappoldt family, I picked 30 pounds of blueberries this morning.  What a haul.  I'm snacking on them as I write.  20 pounds are going to my daughter and her best friend, and I think I'll go back once more this season to pick another box or two.  I just upgraded from snacking on them to having a small bowl of them with cream.  Yum.

I'm still cutting back on my caffeine with a goal of one cup of coffee per day, period, so I took a rare nap this afternoon and then stumbled around like someone sleep deprived when I awakened.  I also slept ten hours last night.  Then I did a supported  yoga practice of inversions.  Supported viparita karani, supported headstead, supported shoulder stand, supported halasana, savasana.  Still tired but more refreshed, I wandered outside to see how my garden survived being ignored the last few days.  Gardens are like lovers, they notice when you forget to shower attention on them.

Wading through the carrots and basil, I pulled weeds, picked tiny tim tomatoes, pulled weeds, pulled weeds, and pulled weeds.  Head thoroughly full of the colour green I walked inside and was stunned to see a mosaic hanging in the hallway.  Your art work is hard to see sometimes and time needs to pass in order to really see it fresh.  Of course you see it A LOT as you make it, but then it's done and you are almost sick of it sometimes, but happy that it is indeed finally done.

It amazes me how much personal space I need. It's miraculous I have a husband and some friends; are other artists so hard on those they love, so hard to get along with?  Hmnnnn....

No comments:

Post a Comment