Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 3 August 7, 2010

First thing, before even eating, I go to look at my "nearly finished" pastel.  Surprise.  It looks horrible.  The thought appears that it will be so much better cut into 6 or 8 pieces.  I'll reconsider my approach later.  I need abstract, not representational right now.

A back practise really helps today.  Two hours.  I worked alone, except for a little help from David, but it was so good to see my fellow travellers and friends at the yoga studio.

One and a half hours in the AGNS gallery.  First to see the new finalists for the Sobeys Award.  Graeme Patterson's work interests me.  His tiny animals and his sense of humour. 

The native art exhibit, the Inuit exhibit and finally Maud Lewis' house all draw me in and captivate my senses completely.  The rice paper, mixed media, an amazing birds eye maple oval frame around a emotionally charged Alan Silliboy mask painting, so much to touch with my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment