Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 4 August 8, 2010

Thanks to great effort on the part of David and I, there are now 31 bundles of garlic hanging from the rafters of our shed.  Each bundle has 15-20 garlic bulbs, freshly pulled from the warm, hay mulched earth.  Rain is forecast for Tuesday.  I wanted to get it under cover before the rain began. 

This is why I've included an image of one of my winter projects from 2008, a sculpture of garlic, blueberries and tomatoes made in white sculpture clay on the blog today.  Yes, winter was a great time to celebrate the garden that year.  Some of these peices and a large charcoal drawing were included in a group show at Acadia University art gallery the following spring.  It was a VANS show for my geographical region, curated by two great artists, Terry Drahos and Deborah Nicholson.

So you see garlic is big in my life.  I grow a lot of it, photograph it, draw it and sculpt it.  Oh yes, I also eat it.

Yoga today was calming and restorative.  Deep restful breaths, there was nothing at all aerobic about today's practise.  Still tired from my trip it seems.  What a blessing for me, to know that yoga can help so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment