Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 5 August 9, 2010

I cannot believe it is only day 5.  Things are beginning to blur.  Tired, sore body getting down to the mat tonight.  Sometimes the mat is so far away and getting to it makes you realize just how sore you are.   The good thing was that tonight after David's two yoga classes at Inner Sun Yoga in Wolfville I felt less sore and much more contented, both physically and in every other way.  Calm, patient, accepting of my own foibles, compassionate, all those came from "stretching my animal nature". 

Sometimes I think lots of humanity's troubles occur from too many of us forgetting that we are animals who need to stretch, play, move, and just chill, pretty darn often.  I watched Mosey the cat today.  He jumped gracefully into his playbox, made of cardboard.  He batted away at the string taunting him outside his window.  Even when I first arrived, he sat up, checked me out, then stretched back down on his side, so lanquidly and effortlessly.  A complete full body stretch where even his back leg muscle fibres quivered from the stretch, his spine elongated, curved and he back bended completely, all the while keeping his glance on me, as if to say, "who is this person and will she rub my tummy?"

Yes we, the humans, need to play and stretch more, certainly.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Muriel and David,
    Perhaps i'm tapped into the vibrations in the ether about your yogic endeavour, since i spend very little time on the web and yet i discovered this!
    If i may, i'll join your sadhana in spirit and in practice, but not in person since i'm not a neighbour. Does that make me a yoga neighbour?

    Congratulations on your tapas.
    ~Lisa~

    ReplyDelete