Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 20 August 24, 2010

The crickets' drone sets a backdrop for this evening.  The silver poplar leaves twist in the breeze but only at the very top of the trees.  It's early evening and quite still.  Farmers were busy hauling away freshly mown red clover from the nearby field where David and I walked the doggies an hour ago.  In the closest field to our house the corn is jumping out of the ground to an astounding height, maybe 14 feet high, or more. That's the highest I've ever seen corn here and I've lived here for 17 years now.  The summer has been green and bountiful.  We've had rain nearly every week which is highly unusual.  In a normal summer our lawn would be brown by this point.  This year it is still green. 

Every year brings a change.  Every moment does actually.  As I get older it seems I get smarter.  But probably I've just been noticing my mistakes and learning from them.  What a brilliant idea to do yoga every day for one year.  Thanks for that idea, Denise.  What a brilliant idea to have an art practice daily for one year as well.  Thanks for reminding me not to forget about art Charlotte.  You two helped me realize it was time to embrace my loves.  They are both medicine to me it seems, not just fun and challenging too.

In yoga practice today I thought that doing this for an entire year wouldn't seem long enough, I might have to do this for the rest of my life!  That gave me pause for reflection.  And as I sat down to compose this writing I thought, oh, what art will I practise today?  I thought why not show people some of the art I've already made?  Afterall, most of the people who might look at this blog won't have seen all of the art I've already made.  It's not like I have to run to the studio and quickly make something. Believe me there is art here.  I decided to celebrate with images of my own favourite art work.  Now I think I'll have to figure out how to run the images as a slideshow or something.  Or maybe just show them one at a time.  There's no hurry here.

We're far fom hurry, here in the land of droning crickets and dogs lapping water.  The evening air is warm and moist.  The garden abundant, the love for this life evident in every direction I look.  I trust that everyone finds peace within, the way I have tonight.  I know, I know, not everyone will find it by doing yoga or making art, but certainly it is not too optimistic of me to wish a few minutes peace to our plant earth and its inhabitants?  How about  if I include our entire solar system too?  Now that is overly optimistice I'm sure.  Done then.

No comments:

Post a Comment