Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 19 August 23, 2010

Yesterday I drank hibiscus tea.  Today I transplant my hibiscus plant into a larger pot. I post a photo I took of a hibiscus flower; I first noticed the bloom on the floor and was struck by its beauty, even in its state of rest, after the full force of the bloom period had passed.  It had dropped from the plant, but it still held life.  For what is life afterall?  A form of energy.  Notice the drapery of the bloom.  How it wraps upon itself.

In tonight's yoga classes with David I use more energy than I think I even have within me.  Being a great teacher David knows how to draw the best out of his students.  Not too much, just what they need at that particular time.  To work hard and find balance is tonight's lesson.  Sometimes the lesson is much more restorative, giving the body a chance to recover.  Other times even more energy is expended than tonight and sweat pours from the body.  Cooling the body.

The air is beginning to cool here overnight.  The sun's heat still is a force during mid day.

Today I removed a large charcoal drawing from my studio wall so that I could have a large blank spot in which to work.  Two painted plates hang there now, still in the works, but I needed distance to see what I'd done, to fine tune the strokes so to speak.

Yes distance can be very helpful, don't you think?  In art, in making all kinds of decisions, even in relationships.  We all need some space.  Here in the Maritimes we need lots of space, perhaps, because there is so much natural space all around us.  If we all clumped together there would be a bunch of people and too much nature, so we spread ourselves out to fill up all that nature all around us.  And nature is so inspiring.  Sometimes, especially in summer, I almost feel like plants are my very best friends because I spend so much time with them.

In yoga class tonight, the people are so friendly I find it very heartwarming.  I am a social animal too, even though I do really love plants, a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment