Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 202 February 22, 2011

porcelain 'Paix'  moon flask


Is it just me, or are there an awful lot of number 2's today?  It's day 202 of this yoga and art blog journey  [yes, dear Denise, we're getting there].  It's the 2nd month, the 22nd day and the year 2011.  Lots of 2's indeed.  Is there any meaning to grasp from this obvious repetition of the number 2?  Gee...  Maybe not, at least not right at this moment, the moment of my writing.  I can hear the laughter out there from you, oh delightful readers that you are. 


Maybe the only apparent meaning is that I'm the kind of person who notices patterns.  As you know, I am an artist.  Currently part of my art practice focuses on decorating square plates with acrylic paint.  I  create patterns and designs on these plates.  No conceptual issues at all, at least if there is any conceptual content, it is so subtle I'm not too aware of it yet.  So I've taken a technique that is new to me and used it to recreate a very old fashioned idea, a potter's plate.

Perhaps you can see that I am the kind of artist who works backwards sometimes, meaning, I work intuitively and then stand back to see what I've done.  I derive the meaning of the work after it's created.  Then there are the times I work with great intention on an idea I've already fully realized and then I simply execute it.

Just thought you might enjoy peeking inside an artist's mind.  Now I wish I could peek inside of your mind today, oh gentle reader.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment