Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 182 February 2, 2011



Today marks the half-way point of this blog.  Yeah for Denise and I!  In case you are just starting to read this blog, Denise and I are each blogging for one calendar year.  Her blog discusses yoga and daily routine and mine discusses yoga and art.

I seem to write about diverse topics.  But hopefully you, the reader, can see that art and yoga help me immeasurably in my life, and therefore, they help me immeasurably in my blog.  We all need something to lean on.  Remember that great song, Lean on Me?  Well yes, leaning on people is really important too, and if you ask my advice, leaning on something within your own life is also crucial.  So there you have it. 

Today, we have a large snowstorm over the Maritimes.  I took a few photos of my young dog with her Frisbee in the snow, but she ended up looking like a crazed Goth dog, so I’m not posting them.  She is black and her eyes became a dull green in the dusk light, and if you know anything about Labrador retrievers, her face contained a certain intensity that was nearly alarming.  She is the kind of dog who would actually exercise too much if I let her.  I teach her how to calm down and save something for tomorrow. 

Do you calm down and save something for tomorrow?  I used to burn it pretty hard, too hard.  I’m happy now to pace myself.  Try it!  You might like it too.


Oh yes,  Mr. Bear [see yesterday's blog] is doing well.  He loves his meds, his soupy food and in a week or so, hopefully, he'll be back to full power.  For today, he's taking many, many powerful naps.  Do you allow yourself to do that, when you need it?  Just checking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment