Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 181 February 1, 2011

Mr. Bear

At the end of this day we brought home our senior dog from the vet.  He was in pain from the recovery of a surgerical procedure.  Sometimes I share my very deepest feelings with this dog Mr. Bear, the feelings I might hesitate to vocalize aloud. 

When we are in deep pain or deep worry, we keep up a brave face for our family, for our friends, and for ourselves.  But it is important to really face our fears; that is why I would talk to Mr. Bear.  He listened impassively and prompted me a few times by coming to sit next to me on the sofa late at night when he knew I needed to talk to him.

Last night he was the one on the sofa and I sat on the floor below him; I let him talk to me about the pain he felt.  He did with deep, previously unheard of tones and sighs.  I listened patiently and stroked him and waited for him to fall asleep.  It was a very special conversation and I was honoured that Mr. Bear shared his feelings with me when he was in need.

Our pets…..oh, how they help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment