Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 288 May 19, 2011



Today was the nicest day of this year, at least according to me.  Sunshine streamed softly all day long until just before sunset; then the clouds moved in again.  More rain tomorrow.  Today the air was humid and warm, the grass green and thick.  Thinking back to a harsh winter day of snow and ice seems a bit preposterous on a day such as today.

You caught me though;  I got a bit manic today from all that natural light.  Yes, I did read a lot, caught up on some photography and writing about my art work, but I also cruised databases and websites, washed some windows, washed some dishes, did tons of laundry and hung it outdoors, mowed the lawn, moved my boxes of seedlings outdoors to an improvised cold frame and returned them indoors at dusk, made a huge pot of tomato sauce and played with the dogs.  Phew!  Only a bit of yoga mat time today but I am still sore from yesterday's mat work.  Tomorrow my big yoga energy will return.

I pace my energetic yoga practice with a more therapeutic practice the following day.  This way my sore  muscles and joints have a bit of recovery time.  You've got to make time for recovery!  We all need to take notice of our natural pace for doing things.  One of my colleagues at work once teased me and said, I finally figured you out Muriel, your favourite speed of operation is slow.


Oh yes, that recovery time, I just love that quiet and slow movement.  My friend was right.  Slow is my favourite speed of operation.  What is your favourite speed?

1 comment:

  1. I like working at total medium. Two steps up from slow, but not hurrying.

    ReplyDelete