Copyright info

This entire site started ⓒ August 5, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the visual artist and photographer, Muriel Zimmer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 281 May 12, 2011



Today brings another day of gray skies.  The puddles on top of my garden are still there.  In looking at the 14 day trend for the upcoming weather pattern in Nova Scotia I see that we are expecting more of the same.  If that is true, we will have had about one month of gray skies with a few intermittent hours of sunshine.

Am I really in Ireland and not Nova Scotia?  A few years back I really was in Ireland and was told that in early July, the first days of my arrival, they were happy to see the sun for it hadn't appeared in 53 days.  Oh my.

The deep wheelbarrow that I left outside near the garden is now half full of rainwater.  Nova Scotians are beginning to joke about this weather.  Sorry I'm late arriving, but it was a rather long swim over here.  Or, certainly this is planet Water and not planet Earth.  The weather person on the news recently mentioned that if a shining, red orb appeared in the skies we should not be alarmed.  It was only the sun.


To help deal with this gray and wetness I am currently reading books about Africa.  The dryness of the soil, the dust that flies in the air, the singing of the insects, the lushness of the flowers and grass when it does rain suddenly.  I do love living here in Nova Scotia, but I will be happy to feel the sun, when it does put in a return performance.

What is your weather like?

No comments:

Post a Comment